Upgrading your bathroom can be an affordable way to improve the resale value of your home. You’ll find the latest in bathroom styles to provide inspiration for your next remodeling project. Creating a spa bathroom pays dividends in daily luxury and relaxation while adding an attractive selling feature to your home. Bathrooms are a special place for our rejuvenation.
We primp, power shower, soak in salts, and float boats for our toddlers. Bathrooms can be designed to maximize your space to the fullest, providing added utility and beauty.
Video: Grant takes you through some of the many tub options at Grabill Gallery.
12 Bathroom Design Ideas
Every person that has a small bathroom is interested in ways of making their bathroom appear larger. Remodeling the bathroom is not always an option and in many cases, remodeling the bathroom would be very expensive. There are a number of ways that a person can use to make their small bathroom seem larger without having to undertake any heavy construction.
- Soft Color for Walls – One of the easiest ways that a person can alter their small bathroom design to make it appear larger is to choose light soft colors for the décor of the bathroom.
- Accent with Color – Bright, bold colors can be used in small bathrooms, assuming you reserve them for accents only. Going overboard with bold or dark colors tend to make the bathroom appear tighter and more intimate.
- Visual Accents – If your bathroom has wallpaper, avoid using large prints or busy pattern. Instead, choose very subtle wallpaper patterns. Better yet, keep one wall free from any pattern at all. Consider making the largest wall in the small bathroom into a mural of an open space.
- Light Tones of Bathroom Flooring – Just like light colors on the walls, light colors on the flooring of the small bathroom will help make the bathroom appear roomier and more open. The most popular colors for a light bathroom floor are tans, light grays, and light blues. By incorporating these colors into the flooring of your small bathroom design, you will have the basis for a light colored decorating scheme that will make your bathroom appear more open.
- Pedestal Sink – Another small bathroom design that can be used to make a bathroom appear larger is to replace a large vanity or countertop with a slimmer, pedestal sink. A pedestal sink can be found in many different styles, colors, and materials, allowing them to be matched to any décor. By placing a pedestal sink in the small bathroom, you can open up the bathroom space by another ten percent.
- Classic Fixtures – When selecting fixtures for your bathroom, keep in mind they are going into a small space. Choose simple designs made from smooth surfaces, such as ceramic and marble, and opt for light, neutral tones. Solatube Lighting Additional Lighting Opens a Small Space
- Additional Lighting Fixtures – Additional lighting in a small bathroom can make a world of difference in the way the space in the bathroom is perceived. Consider adding additional light fixtures or using higher wattage bulbs, as appropriate. By making the bathroom brighter and more inviting, it seems that the space has opened up and the walls are farther apart.
- Increase Natural Light – There are a variety of ways that additional lighting can be added to the small bathroom without taking up more space than is already used, including installing a new window, or even putting in a skylight.
- Limit Items in Bathroom – Many people choose to open up the amount of space available in their small bathroom by greatly reducing the amount of items that they place into the bathroom. Items such as storage shelves, hampers, and decorative items all take up valuable space in a small bathroom and the bathroom will appear much larger if these items are removed and the things that they hold are stored somewhere else.
- Consider Storage Outside the Bathroom – Some people choose to place a small storage cabinet in their hallway near the bathroom as a place to put all of the things that they would normally keep in their bathrooms. It’s also a good idea to consider putting laundry hampers in the bedrooms instead of in the bathroom. Extra supplies and paper products can even be stored in the pantry.
- Adding Mirrors – Adding additional mirrors to the bathroom will also help the bathroom appear bigger than it really is. Placing additional mirrors in the bathroom will help to capture all of the available light and reflect it back into the room to make it brighter. Adding extra mirrors to the room will also add depth to the room, as the mirrors reflect each other and make the walls appear farther away.
- De-Clutter – Other ways you can use to make a small bathroom design appear larger include removing clutter and extra items. Instead of storing all of your beauty items on the counter, place them in a cabinet or in the medicine chest when not in use. The more items are visible in a small bathroom, the more cramped the space will look and feel.